1 Whole Year!

News updates
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Alright, I intended to make this post waay back when the 1 year anniversary happened. But I digress, it took me awhile to get it up. Enjoy bitches! (Some of the screens are damn big... I know)

This text is plagiarized from Atelo's original 1 year post. I just copied it so my pics and his words can be seen on the front page.

Timeless was founded on Dec. 29th 2005 from a majority of Strife members who were forced to leave the good name and progress behind because the GM of that guild wanted to leave the guild to form a new one, but not allow the members to raid under that name.

By joining up with a small group of friends in a guild called Intense, we were back to raiding within days of Strife falling apart. The enthusiasm was at times pretty entertaining with the infamous "Send me raid" message and subsequent spam of macros from the 50+ people online, filling the raid within seconds. If you blinked, you missed out on an invite and had to wait on the list.

The guild always maintained a relaxed environment compared to other raiding guilds with lots of fun and joking on Teamspeak and Vent before, during, and after raids. The friendly attitudes of most guildies helped people cope with a lack of sleep from the sometimes insane hours spent pushing one or two buttons on your keyboard.

We often raided until midnight server time with only a few people leaving early due to work or a nagging wife. The guild flew through BWL, regaining much of the ground lost in Strife while we trained the ~15 new people from Intense. They caught on quickly and within 2 weeks we were back at Chromaggus and soon on to Nefarian, having lost only one position on the e-peen list to Defiance as a result of the guild breakup. (Defiance was always Strife's main competition for progress, often killing new bosses within days or hours of each other).

Soon the enthusiasm was crushed by 600+ queues on Hyjal and the subsequent PVE->PVP realm transfers that saw at least 10 core raiders, some initiates and other members (around 15 total) jump ship for the hope of better PVP. Raiding on schedule was next to impossible with such long queues and after this, there was never another raid to fill up within seconds as before.

The guild has seen many ups and downs, losing people to drama, quitting the game, selling accounts, hacked accounts and finally a surge of lost people to the mere anticipation of the expansion (causing attendance problems).

Despite all that, the guild has survived and continues to raid and will continue on into the expansion with an aura of respect and friendship in and out of the guild. This ability to keep on ticking is why I chose the name, Timeless.

Congrats Timeless on 1 year!

-Atelo

Brief History

Chromaggus Dead: Jan 14, 2006
Nefarian Dead: Feb. 4, 2006

Skeram Dead: Feb. 20, 2006 [Gates Opened when?]
Huhu Dead: May 8, 2006 [Emps not attempted for 2+ months)

Razuvius Dead: July 18, 2006
Anub'rekhan Dead: Aug. 2, 2006

Twin Emps Dead: Aug. 16, 2006 [Ass kicked in Naxx = enthusiasm for AQ40]

Faerlina Dead: Aug. 28, 2006
Maexxna Dead: Oct. 3, 2006

Lord Kazzak, Azuregos and all 4 Green Dragons also slain.

EDIT:

Alliance First Hand of Ragnaros went to Frendab in mid-December 2005. Even though this was Strife, it was close enough to mention.

Alliance first drop of Bindings of the Windseeker went to Kalais in Strife. About 10 months passed with several other guilds getting one or more TF's, some guilds with both bindings dropping on their first kill. We sold Elementium Ore to AMP and Apocalypse Legion for their TF's since we had quite a buildup. The other half finally dropped in Timeless when Kalais missed his first raid in 10 months. We recruited TF's instead :/

Alliance first Ashkandi went to Sigh on our very first Nef kill (who transfered to Black Dragonflight). The Ashkandi became quite common for us after that while the Staff of the Shadow Flame took 7 months to drop

<Timeless> first Nef kill vid. http://site.golfcartgiant.com/austin/nef.wmv

One of Igunas' greatest moments (miss that guy)

1 of many Amarie moments...

At the arena bash (was a great time)

Right after I said "Don't attack each other"

We always wondered about Atelo...

Kalais' greatest moment.

Fun with buffs in IF

More Amarie

Classic rogue chat (For those who miss it)

Back in BWL... (look at some of those names man)

Pez is gay
Fone too...
Jedic?

Huh?

I miss Z...
Note: I would have fun stuff from Windi and Miko and Tahiti and whatnot too, but I only got screens from Z and Amarie. The women of Timeless (shakes head)

AQ40

More Kalais:

When Hyjal goes down...

Hehe...

The first raid I led. Fuckers...

It was good times. Some of you won't even recognize the names in those older screens. Know that this guild has been many places. I miss those times, but look forward to see you guys build new ones.

Peace!

-Ron
Call me Ron